A&M EDM are the proud winners of Make UK’s SME of the Year for the Midlands and East region.
Make UK is the manufacturers’ organisation, which champions engineering and manufacturing in the UK.
The judges recognised A&M’s achievements in the following key areas:
Sustainable growth: - A&M have grown to 80 employees over two sites
- Record sales in the year ending September 2023
- Business plan to grow in partnership with customers, implementing a manufacturing control system
- Creating internal branding (AIM) to reinforce our Agile, Innovative, Motivated values and behaviour:
Agile in our use of innovative manufacturing techniques and motivated to find the best time and value manufacturing solutions.
Rapid response manufacturing to meet customer expectations for the reshoring of aerospace toolsets.
Continuous investment in people and equipment, increasing our CNC machining and EDM capacity and capabilities
- £1m invested annually in new machines (2021/22/23)
- 66 solar panels installed at our Middlemore Road site in March 2023
- 4 new apprentices joined the A&M team in 2023
- Aerospace UP grant to develop a rotary engine concept
- the design and manufacture of high-performance classic Mini A+5 racing engine in aluminium
- Economic Impact study on our 20 year growth as an SME
- Supporting National Manufacturing Day with school visits and media coverage
We now move onto the national judging and Make UK’s National Awards Gala Dinner on 25 January 2024 at St Paul’s Cathedral London.