A&M have manufactured Wankel rotary engines for multiple customers and we developed our own engine cooling technology during a Midlands Aerospace Alliance NATEP (National Aerospace Technology Exploitation) project.
Our design engineers have 25 years’ experience developing engine systems and in the past five years we have undertaken in-house R&D projects to design and manufacture a portfolio of propulsion systems for UAV /UAS applications.
We invested in a dedicated engine development unit with a Dynamometer for testing engine systems.
This facility has been used to develop our own products and can be hired by clients requiring engine testing support.
Sound proofed, highly computerised and fully supported including operational and environmental quality system, safety systems, extraction and high security.
We have full in-house capabilities to design, manufacture, assemble and test engine systems
- 60 CNCs – Spark & wire EDM; 3,4, 5 Axis CNC Milling & Turning
- Metrology Inspection
- Laser welding, Fabrication
- Toolmaking, sub-assembly
- 3D Printing, laser scanning
- Reverse engineering
- We integrate with our supply chain for the engine electronics and plating
Working with customer Non-Disclosure Agreements, our precision engineering work for propulsion system customers conforms to the following manufacturing quality certifications:
Our flexible propulsion systems offer unique functionality:
- Kerosene operation from cold start (tested to minus 27 degrees Celsius)
- Highest power density on the market
- Lightweight, compact
- Very low NVH (noise, vibration, harshness)
- Eliminating seal wear by using ceramic combustion seals
- Certified for use outside of designated flight zones, as part of an aircraft system, by a European customer
- AS9100 Manufacturing quality standard
- Gasoline operation if required
- Product Portfolio - 2hp and 10hp continuous power engine versions (up to 14hp for take-off)
- Fully electronically controlled via CAN bus including altitude compensation.
- Mature, integrated, complete propulsion systems.
- High hybridisation if required
- Currently in batch production runs
A&M Proprietary UAS (Unmanned Aerial System)
Early in 2021, a non-European customer successful commissioned A&M’s proprietary UAS (unmanned aerial system).
We manufactured a mock unmanned aerial vehicle fuselage to complete a verification installation of the system.
The system travelled thousands of miles in secure packaging to reach our customer and successfully started first time.
This system is uniquely able to deliver 4hp of electrical power running on kerosene whilst also providing shaft output for thrust with its low weight, low vibration operation.