About A & M EDM
Pure Precision Engineering Solutions
A&M offer rapid response engineering solutions to manufacture bespoke high value, low volume components and tooling for many sectors including aerospace and motorsports.
In 60,000 square foot of manufacturing space we specialise in machining complex precision components in varied materials from thermoplastics to aluminium, stainless steel and exotic materials such as Inconel and Titanium.
Our standout engineering capabilities are:
Electrical Discharge Machining (EDM)
- One of the UK’s largest sub-contractors, 29 Sodick machines and unparalleled knowledge.
- Largest spark cutting dimension is 1200 x 650 x 500mm and 5 tons in weight
- Largest wire cutting dimension is 1200 x 800 x 400mm and 4 tons in weight, with a 500mm Z Axis option
Precision CNC Machining
- 30 CNC Hurco Milling and Turning centres
- Our largest CNC mill has a capacity of 3200 x 2100 x 920 mm and can take up to 11 tons in weight.
- Complemented by Metrology quality inspection with 4 Coordinated Measuring Machines (CMMs)
Design for Manufacture
Our policy is to work in partnership with customers, designing and implementing the manufacturing process to reduce components, processes and the manufacturing costs.