We were privileged to welcome Dave Heeley -"Blind Dave” to A&M to speak to our apprentices and young employees.
We were privileged to welcome Dave Heeley, "Blind Dave” to A&M to speak to our apprentices and young employees.
Dave from West Bromwich is a true local hero, who has raised millions of pounds for charities with his running and cycling exploits.
He inspired our young employees about how he overcame the challenge of going blind as a teenager and his response to the cards life dealt him. He answered questions on his incredible achievements which include:
- In 2008 completing 7 marathons in 7 days in 7 continents - Falkland Islands, Rio de Janiero, Los Angeles, Sydney, Dubai, Tunis and finishing with the London marathon.
- 2012 Olympic torchbearer and part of Paralympic Opening ceremoy
- Running 160-miles across the Sahara in the six-day Marathon des Sables
- Cycling from John O’Groats to Lands End & Swimming from Alcatraz as part of a triathl
- His own radio show on DIY and woodworking
- In October this year he will be walking the Great Wall of China and a 40 minute film of his life is currently in production.